Earth Day

We love learning all about how to love on our Earth on Earth Day. This craftivity is UBER simple and inexpensive and the results are off the hook gorgeous. All you need are coffee filters, washable markers (do not use sharpies, they do not "bleed" like the washable markers do), and a water bottle. Have students draw continents first using a green washable marker, then fill in the rest with blue for the oceans. Next, place the completed drawing on paper towels and let them squirt a water bottle to their hearts content. I really love for my kidos to do all the work themselves with very little input from me. I always tell them that it is "their" work and it is should reflect them and not look just like my example. It takes only a bit of time sitting on a sunny windowsill to dry. I mount mine on black construction paper to really make it pop. Oh, and don't forget to diecut a class set of red hearts for the center and make a cute title for the front. :D
It makes for a stunning hallway display:
My teammie next door added a little writing extension to hers. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment