Graph it Out!


Graphing is one of my students favorite things to do in Math.  We took this cutie patootie idea to the next level by graphing out and analyzing our bubble blowing data.  :D
My kids will tell you I'm kind of a sugar nazi!  I never give my children candy or sweets. So, needless to say they were shocked when I let them chew gum for this project.   Of course, to blow the biggest bubbles you have to have the most sugary gum you can find!
We chewed and chewed and then practiced blowing bubbles.  It was a fun process and they all wanted so badly to be able to blow a bubble.  But it definitely is a skill!  Kinda like whistling, tieing your shoes, and snapping your fingers.  Just takes a first grader time and lots of practice.  :D

We made a pictograph first based on our experiment:

We then turned our pictograph into a student created bar graph:


And using Interactive Writing, we analyzed our data:


Each kido used the torn art technique that I love to make their self portrait.  We used real balloons to imitate what their bubble looked like.  You could use crumpled up pink tissue paper instead of real balloons.  Up to you.  They all looked so cute together out in the hall!





No comments:

Post a Comment