The Party Palace

Our last day of school was so fun!  I hung crepe paper and balloons from the door and painted a "Enter the Party Palace" sign.  :D  To set the party mood for the day, we met in my teamies room next door to do some serious boogie-ing on her "dance floor" complete with balloons and Kid Bopz playing over the speakers!

We then made everything to go into our Ready for Summer Learning Bags 
I love to make these easy and cute little bags for those big projects instead of having the kids stuff everything in their backpack and it get ruined by the time they get home.  All you do is get butcher paper and cut to the size you need, run staples down the side, make a cute label and Voila!

I found this amazing idea on Pinterest a couple of years ago and when I find the original author I will pin a link.  Here are the stations that the kids rotate through and make everything for their summer learning.  
Sight Word Stock Up:

I set out lists of sight words from first grade and they copy down atleast 10 that they still need practice on.  I cut copy paper into small flashcard sizes bites.  :D

Math Flash Cards:

Same thing with the math flash cards.  Students copy down math facts and write the answer on the back for self-checking.

Writing Journals:

Next they make blank journals for summer writing.  I precut different color and sizes of paper and they put them together and staple.  I have them make at least 4.  


Just Right Books

At this station I put out books from our school's book pantry (donated books from parents) and have them pick a Just Right Book or 2 of their very own.  They love looking at these and thinking "I get to keep a book of my own!"  :D
I also make copies of "10 free learning sites for Kids" and they put that in their bags as well.  We've covered writing, reading, math, sight words and technology!  All this gives them a really well rounded structure for continuing their learning from home. 
We're ready for summer!  Whoop-Whoop!



No comments:

Post a Comment