I am a Scientist!

WE LOVE SCIENCE!  It is one of mine and my students favorite subjects.  Everything is hands on and at this age kids are SO curious about the world around them.  As I moved up to 2nd grade this year, to a much smaller room, I knew that not having my science area was a non-negotiable to me!

To start off, we of course made our journal.  I used these cutie FREE science notebook labels.

  I also just found these and these.  Wish I had found them earlier!


AND we will be doing these next year:

I can't stand the cuteness of that!!  :D  So Fun

  I love to do a read aloud for every subject.  It can be a little tricky at times to find a R/A that is not too wordy and long in science.  This book is a great introduction.


This year I also bought an Albert Einstein to sit on our science shelves.  Keeping his eye on the students as they work at the science table.  :P

He's pretty darn cute!  He's got wild, crazy hair.  I like that in a scientist!

I guess because I used to be a Kinder teacher, I just like to dress up.  So, I donned my lab coat, safety googles and sat down to introduce my students to science and science safety.  

We signed our safety contract (found it here for FREE) and drew a picture of ourselves with our safety gear on.  

I love how this sweet angel labeled her "smile".  "Because I just love science, Mrs. Cameron!"  Preciousness.






No comments:

Post a Comment