First Week of Math

I love me some Amy Lemons at Step into Second Grade.  Because I am brand new this year to 2nd grade, her blog has been a life-line for me!  I'm planning on doing everything Amy does!  She's a Texas teacher and a rockstar up there with my Cara Carroll and Reagan Tunstall!  :D

I can tell that Amy really likes to teach Math.  She comes up with some amazing ideas to get kidos engaged in a fun, interactive way!  Love that about her!

We used her great ideas on Tools vs Toys.  The kidos loved sorting the items and it really has struck home with them.  Not that I haven't caught an occasional little one building a tower with his base ten blocks but for the most part they have been really good!  :D


We also used her AMAZING idea of Silent Puzzles!  Wow, that was a big challenge for us to do the first week of school but we did it.  Collaborative grouping is such a great way to engage learners.  You really see leadership that bubbles up to the top or the followers that just do whatever someone tells them to do or the one that wants to only work by themself.  It's all very telling to me.  








No comments:

Post a Comment