Prep School

I'm just an ol' fashion prep girl, what can I say.  I've been through many "style periods" in my life : Victorian,  Classic,  Preppy to name a few.  I would have to say that I've bounced and landed for the most part of my life into two categories: Classic and Preppy.   It just works for me!  Find the style that works for you, the one that makes you feel good and stick with it.  Have you ever heard anyone say "oh, she can pull of that look but I can't"?  Honestly, a lot has to do with your self-confidence.  Even if you are wearing something a little "out there" if you have the confidence to pull it off, it SO works!
When you are feeling good about yourself, you walk a little taller and hold your head up a little higher and people can sense your confidence.  Find that inner beauty that we all have and hold your head up high, ladies!  You are beautifully and wonderfully created!


When I found this super cute blue check long sleeve at JCrew in the clearance section, I just had to get it.   You can buy it here!  And you're welcome!  :D   It's "boy style" and does not have a tailored fit like most of their button-downs, but tucked into slim or skinny jeans and a snug jacket, it works great.

I'm basically obsessed with my linen navy jacket I got years ago at Target, of all places.  It's an extra small and fits a bit snug when buttoned up but I just love how tailored it is and the cute silver hook latch detail.  I always wear the sleeves rolled up just a bit to hide the fact that the sleeves are too short for me!  Tricks of the trade, my friend!  I wanted to add a pop of color so wore my Ann Taylor skinny neon yellow belt.  I'm not thrilled with my Michael Kors cropped jeans.  I got them for a STEAL but they are a bit bunchy in the front area.  I saw a friend with some cute white Old Navy skinny jeans on that I think would work much better but I went with what was in my closet!  :D  

My poor ol' shoes have been with me for many a year and I just love them.  They are the perfect heel height for teaching in the classroom.  They were from Saks Fifth Avenue and I just can't part with them.  They've been recapped many times.  I also have on my beautiful Tiffany's beaded bracelet and Skagen two-toned watch.    

Oh, and I can't forget one of my new favorites, one of my sweet parents got me for Christmas: my new Kendra Scott white necklace.  Love it!  (Lord, the mirror.  Sorry people.  You know how splashy the kids are when they wash their little hands!)



No comments:

Post a Comment