Earth Day


Why does everything seem to sneak up on me?!?  Earth Day was no exception.  Luckily, I found this beautiful FREE art project here and had my kidos go to work.  My suggestion is to do the glue early in the morning or the day before so it has a chance to dry throughly.  The first step is the trickiest.  They have to draw lines with their white glue.  Not too thick, not too thin.  It's hard for young children to know how much is too much or too little.  If you make your glue lines to thin, it won't resist the paint.  Too thick and it will puddle out.  That was basically what happened with most of my babies!  BUT one of the beauties of art is that sometimes mistakes can add character or even make your piece better!  Love that.  


We had been studying all about the desert this same week and so one of my kidos said, "Look, Ms. Cameron, I'm painting the deserts of the Earth too!"  So, of course, being student directed, we followed this smart little guy's advice!  :D

Since April is Poetry Month I wanted to incorporate a poem as well.  My little poets have just soared when it came to poetry, so I just told them they could pick whatever form of poetry that they wanted, be it, Haiku, Cinquain,  Diamante, Acrostic, Free Verse.  It was their choice.  Here are some of their masterpieces!  Love them so, so much!



I wanted it to be a special Art Project, so I decided to type of their poems for them.  And of course, I let them pick their favorite font to complete the project!


This little one used TOO much glue to glue down her poem.  You can't tell, can you?!?  ;D


Now that I'm thinking about it, I should have mounted the poem and the earth on the same side of the black construction paper instead of gluing the poem to the back.  Well, there's always next year...
Happy Weekend Friends!  :D


No comments:

Post a Comment